How to Write the Title, the Name, and the Author’s Address
The title of the manuscript should be written on the top of the first page with the center text alignment. Meanwhile, the author’s name (without academic degree), and the affiliation address of the author should be written with the center text alignment also under the title of the article. The author should give two line spaces between the title and the author’s name. Then, the space between the author’s affiliation address and the abstract title is one space. The keywords must be written below the overall abstract for all words maximally three to five words.
The responsible author, the correspondence author, or the corresponding author must be written first and then followed by the second, the third, and so on. The communication regarding the article revision and the final statement will be informed via email to the correspondence author only. If there is more than one author, the author's names should be written down separately by comma (,). If the author’s name consists of at least two words, the first name should not be shorted. If the author’s names are only one word, it should be written as it is.
The manuscript text's general guidelines are as follows:
- The manuscript is an authentic research result that has not been published yet in other publication media or publishing houses.
- The manuscript should be written in Indonesia or English as the standard language. The manuscript text ought to be written as this article template. The article is written on A4-sized papers (210x297 mm), with custom margins as follows: left 25 mm, right 20 mm, bottom 20 mm and top 30 mm, Time New Roman theme font, 12pt font size, and 1.5 line-spacing.
- The manuscript is typed using the Microsoft Word program on A4 paper, around 6,000-7,000 words including figures, tables, and references.
- The manuscript does not contain any plagiarism elements. The editorial board will directly reject the text that indicates plagiarism. We use plagiarism software to check your manuscript.
- The manuscript that has been written under the guidelines of JAND: Journal of Applied Nutrition and Dietetic (in MS Word format, use this article template) must be submitted through Online Submission System using Open Journal System (OJS) on the JAND: Journal of Applied Nutrition and Dietetic E-journal portal (https://journal.poltekkesaceh.ac.id/jand) choose only one procedure. Then, register as one of the authors or reviewers at the “Register” bottom.
- The manuscript article writing guidelines and template can be downloaded. The template and the guidelines of the article writing are available in MS Word (.doc) format.
- The manuscript online submission can be viewed in the part of the online submission guidelines below.
- The manuscript which is inappropriate with The JAND: Journal of Applied Nutrition and Dietetic writing guidelines will be returned to the author before the reviewing process.
- The manuscript should contain several aspects of a scientific article as follows: (subtitles in the order), which are: (a) the title of the article, (b) the author’s name (no academic title), (c) the affiliated author’s address, (d) the author’s email (e) the abstract and the keywords, (f) the introduction, (g) the research method, (h) the research findings and discussion, (i) the conclusion, (j) acknowledgment, (k) the references.
- The subtitles included in the discussion part (Introduction, Methods, Findings and Discussion, and Conclusion) should not be numbered. The subtitles are written in bold and title case format. It uses the left text alignment without an underline. The next expanded subtitles should be written in the bold and sentence case format, It should use the left text alignment and the numbering format level two.
- The words from uncommon or foreign languages are stated in Italic format. Each paragraph started 10mm from the left side border while there are no spaces among paragraphs.
- The tables and pictures are placed in the text group after the referenced tables or pictures. Each picture must be given a caption and source (Figure Caption) below the picture and be numbered in Arabic numbering format followed by the picture title. Each table must be given a table title (Table Caption) and numbered in Arabic numbering format above the table followed by the table title and source below the table. The pictures attachment should be guaranteed that they can be printed well in black and white ink (font size, resolution, and line space are clearly seen). The picture, the table, and the chart should be placed in the center between text groups. If it has a bigger size, it can be placed in the center of a page. The table should not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines are allowed only for the important point.
The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
The title of the manuscript: The title should be informative and be written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi interpretations. It has to be pinpointed with the issues that Who will discuss. The beginning word is written in a capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviations. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by their explanations. The article title should be reported within twelve words, in 12pt-sized font, with the bold selection and the center text format. Moreover, the title of the article that is written in Bahasa Indonesia should be also stated in English either.
Abstract: The abstract has to be written a maximum of 250 words and a minimum of 200 words in English and Indonesia, followed by three to five keywords and arranged alphabetically. The abstract must contain research objectives, methods, results, conclusions, and limitations (optional)—abstract written in 1 space line and 12 font size Times, New Roman.
Introduction: The introduction must contain (shortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art) as the basis of the brand new research question, statements from the brand recent scientific article, main research problems, and the hypothesis in the final part of the introduction, Who should state the purpose of the article writing. They should be represented in the literature review to show the brand new scientific article.
Methods: The method explains how the research is conducted, including design, data collection, research instrument, and analytic methods. This part should be narrated.
Findings and Discussion: This part consists of the research results and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research have to be supported by sufficient data. The research results and the discovery must be the answers or the research hypothesis, or research question stated previously in the introduction.
Conclusion: The final part contains findings, limitations, and recommendations. The results will be the answers to the hypothesis or research question, the research purposes, and the research discoveries. The conclusions should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should summarize the research results as the author expects in the research purposes or the hypothesis. Research limitations and recommendations contain a deficiency in the research and suggestions associated with further ideas from the study.
Acknowledgment: Acknowledge those who support the research (sponsors and respondents). Families and supervisors are not allowed in this section.
References: All the references used in the article must be listed in this part. In this part, who must take all the used references from primary sources (scientific journals and the least number is 80% of all the concerns) published in the last ten years.
The Guidelines for the Citations and References
All the data or quotes in the article taken from the other author's reports should be attached to the reference sources. The references should use a reference application management such as Mendeley The writing format used in The JAND: Journal of Applied Nutrition and Dietetic follows the format applied by APA 6th Edition (American Psychological Association).